Makes 24: Prep 15 mins | Cook 10 mins
125g butter, softened
½ cup caster sugar
1 egg yolk
3 x Jase’s Kitchen® Ginger dropins™, at room temperature
1 ½ cups self raising flour, sifted
½ cup rolled oats
¼ cup golden syrup, warmed (see tip)
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180C. Lightly grease and line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until creamy. Add egg yolk and Ginger dropins™, beating well.
- Fold flour into creamed mixture with oats and syrup to form a dough.
- Roll into walnut sized balls and arrange 2 cm apart on trays. Press down lightly with floured fingertips.
- Bake 10 minutes. Cool on tray. Store in an airtight container.
Warm syrup in the microwave on high (100%) power, 20 seconds, for easy measuring.
GINGER VEGIE STIR-FRY
Serves 4: Prep 20 mins | Cook 7 mins
200g firm tofu, thickly sliced
½ cup oyster sauce
¼ cup hoisin sauce
2 x Jase’s Kitchen® Ginger dropins™
1 tablespoon peanut oil
1 red onion, sliced
1 red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, chopped
¼ cup water
fresh noodles to serve
- Combine tofu, sauces and Ginger dropins™ in a bowl and set aside 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok over high heat. Stir-fry tofu in two batches, 1-2 minutes, reserving marinade. Set aside.
- Add onion and capsicum to wok and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Toss through broccolini with reserved marinade and water. Stir-fry 1-2 minutes until boiling.
- Return tofu to vegetables mixture. Stir-fry 30 seconds. Add noodles, toss 1 minute. Serve.
use any Asian green you have on hand.
GINGER RUM COCKTAIL
Serves 1: Prep 5 mins
¼ cup dark or white rum
1 tbsp sugar syrup
1 tbsp lime juice, plus slices to serve
1 x Jase’s Kitchen® Ginger dropins™
½ cup ice cubes
½ cup chilled soda water
- Place rum, syrup, juice and Ginger dropins™ into a cocktail shaker. Shake well.
- Pour over ice into a serving glass. Top up with soda water, stirring well. Serve with lime slices.
Make your own sugar syrup, using a ration of 2 parts sugar, to 1 part water. Heat over medium heat, stirring, without simmering, until sugar dissolves. Cool, bottle, seal, refrigerate for up to 6 months.